Compare Professional AED Defibrillators
Professional AED Defibrillators have come to be a trusted tool of professional responders and designated response teams in the workplace and public settings whether used in a hospital or in the field. Professional AED Defibrillators need to provide the durability, portability, and advanced functionality that professional rescuers and service professionals require from an AED Defibrillator. Their voice commands must be clear, concise, confident, and streamlined. The Professional AED Defibrillator has to be ideal for responders who are trained, drilled, and ready to save a life at a moments notice.
AED Brands – Defibrillator Brands
while there are many manufacturers of professional AED Defibrillators, also known as PAD which stands for Personal Automated Defibrillator, there are three manufacturers which have taken the lead. The big three defibrillators are the Philips HeartStart FR2+ Defibrillator, the Medtronic LifePak 1000 and the Zoll AED Pro. It’s important to not that there are many other aed brands like the Welch Allyn AED 10, the Cardiac Science Powerheart AED G3, the Heartsine Samaritan PAD AED and the Defibtech Lifeline AED just to mention a few.
AED Defibrillator Price Comparison
The prices listed below were found on the internet using a random sampling from some of the leading online AED defibrillator stores. Also remember to check and see if there is any AED grant money available in your state or local government.
- Philips HeartStart FR2+ AED $2,495 – $2,780
- Medtronic LifePak 1000 AED $2,945 – $2,995
- Zoll AED Pro Defibrillator $2,595 – $2,895
Features of the Philips HeartStart FR2+ Defibrillator
- Automated defibrillation, with manual override (ECG model only)
- SMART Analysis
- SMART CPR and Quick Shock
- Infant/child defibrillation
- Conscious monitoring with optional FR2+ ECG Assessment Module
- Optional rechargeable battery
- Two display options: text-only, and text with ECG
- Voice and text prompts
- Over 8 hours of data collection
- Programmable voice recording
- Automated self-tests
- “Ready-for-Use” indicator
- Long-life battery: 300 shocks (minimum) or 12 hours monitoring
- Pads can connect to most ALS defibrillator/monitors via pads adapters
Features of the Medtronic LifePak 1000
- Easy customization of settings to meet your protocol needs in the field
- cprMAX™ technology feature gives you flexibility, so you can increase hands-on time with your patient
- ADAPTIV™ biphasic technology provides a full range of energy from 150 to 360 joules
- The most rugged defibrillator ever built by Physio-Control, with an IP55 rating
- Visible and accessible battery gauge gives you the ability to assess battery readiness
- Battery performs advanced communications directly with the device so you always know the battery’s condition
- Large intuitive screen displays graphics and ECG readings Manual defibrillation (AED override) option is available
- Field upgradeable therapies focused on enhancing patient outcomes will continually build on the LIFEPAK 1000 defibrillation platform
- The LIFEPAK 1000 is compatible with other Physio-Control products and services across the full spectrum of care, from the field to the hospital, including data download
Features of the Zoll AED Pro
- Superior design and rubber over-molds are built to withstand harsh environments.
- Real CPR Help for rate and depth of chest compressions during CPR using ZOLL’s unique one-piece CPR-D•padz®.
- See-Thru CPR allows a rescuer to view a patient’s underlying ECG rhythm while performing CPR.
- Exceptionally resistant to dust and water jets ( IP55 Rating )
- Only AED in the industry to withstand a 1.5-meter drop test, making it suitable to withstand the rough treatment typically found in an emergency medical environment.
- Available as semi-automatic only or semi-automatic with manual override for ALS professionals.
- Built-in internal memory and external USB memory technology allows expanded data storage capacity, and maximum flexibility for data management and transfer.
- Electrodes and battery compatibility with ZOLL M Series®, E Series® and R Series® professional defibrillators.
- ECG monitoring with 3-lead cable and high-quality display.
- Unrivaled battery options (long-life disposable or rechargeable) that meet your specific needs.
- Easy unit configuration through ZOLL’s administration software.
- Intelligent pediatric capability.
- Guidelines 2005 Ready.
Comparing Top Rated Professional Defibrillators
Unlike comparing personal automated defibrillators designed for home use, professional defibrillators need to with stand the potential for more frequent use, rugged environments and a wide range of users from the inexperienced to professional first responder. When your aim is to compare professional AED defibrillators, don’t for get to ask others in your industry or government sectors. Checking with your local EMS, hospital and police can provide you with the inside scoop, straight from the professionals who use defibrillators. Even checking with the health and safety department at your local school can oftentimes put you in touch with people who have already underwent extensive research in comparing defibrillators. So, ask the pros, contact a few sales reps and you will be on-track to find the perfect professional AED Defibrillator.